Reckitt Benckiser calls $800m media review
Reckitt Benckiser, the FMCG giant and owner of Cillit Bang, Vanish and Dettol, has launched a review of its global media planning and buying account, previously estimated to be worth $800 million (£523.3 million).
The global business is currently split between ZenithOptimedia, which handles the business in the UK, and Havas Media.
The review follows the arrival in May of Richard Davies, previously a media specialist at rival FMCG behemoth Unilever, in the position of director, global media, and comes amid the potential merger of Publicis and Omnicom.
A spokeswoman for Reckitt Benckiser, which also owns the Durex and Calgon brands, confirmed the review, but Campaign was still waiting for further comment at the time of publication.
Reckitt Benckiser concentrated the media buying relationships for its 17 Powerbrands into Havas and Publicis Groupe in November 2011 after a pitch that also involved WPP and Omnicom. The business was then estimated to be worth $800 million.
Until the 2009 review, Reckitt Benckiser’s UK planning and buying was handled by Omnicom’s OMD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London