Marmite returns to UK screens as part of £2m campaign
The Unilever brand Marmite has unveiled a new strapline and its first TV ad in two years as part of a £2 million campaign.
The "Love it. Hate it. Just don’t forget it" campaign aims to reinvigorate the brand’s popularity in the UK.
The 90-second spot, which launched yesterday (5 August), spoofs animal-rescue documentaries. It features Marmite Rescue Teams around the country, saving neglected jars of Marmite from the backs of people’s cupboards.
The ad will run until 6 October, and will be supported by outdoor, digital, experiential, PR and social media executions.
Adam & Eve/DDB was behind the campaign, which was created by Nick Sheppard and Tom Webber, and directed by James Rouse. The media planning and buying agency was Mindshare.
Joanne O’Riada, the brand manager for Marmite, said: "Our new ‘Love it. Hate it. Just don’t forget it’ strapline builds on our iconic ‘Love it. Hate it’ positioning to create a campaign that remains true to Marmite’s light-hearted personality.
"Even better, not only is Marmite back on television screens for the first time in two years, we’re also going live just as our Facebook page has reached an impressive one million ‘likes’."
Marmite's previous TV campaign, launched in July 2011, was created by DDB UK (now merged into Adam & Eve/DDB) and pitted the yeast extract as the antithesis of pretentious food.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Graduate Account Planner Havas EHS £16,000 + relocation , Cirencester, Cotswolds.
- Commercial Strategist - one of the fastest growing global innovation agencies Bamboo Crowd £30,000 - £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Web Designer become £38K, Hertfordshire
- Account Planners Stopgap £40000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account