Mindshare UK hires three strategy directors
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 07 August 2013 11:55AM
Mindshare UK has hired three strategy directors in line with the agency's plans to focus more on strategic and adaptive planning.
Rami Amaral will lead strategy for Nestlé, Three and Landrover; Julian Ireland will work across Mazda, Homebase and BP, as well as heading global strategy for HSBC, and Chris Barrett will head up strategy on Force and the recently won Dyson account.
All three will report to Alistair Green, the head of strategy at Mindshare UK.
Before joining Mindshare, Amaral was the digital strategy director at DLKW Lowe, working across the Unilever brands. Prior to this, he was the head of planning at Wunderman Brazil, heading up its Nokia, Microsoft and Dell accounts.
Ireland joins the WPP media agency from the7stars where he was the head of strategy and digital planning.
Barrett was previously the head of planning at KesselsKramer in London and Amsterdam, where he oversaw the agency’s planning output on accounts including Red Stripe, Bushmills and Talisker.
Additionally, Sophie Caron has been hired as a strategist, joining the company from Publicis London where she worked across Procter & Gamble and UBS. Caron will also report to Green.
The four hires, which have all now started at Mindshare, will bring the media agency’s strategic team up to 16.
Green said: "These four news hires will further help the agency create the most inventive and adaptive communication solutions for our clients.
"With a department of 16, I believe we now have the biggest and best communication."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Digital Web Designer: (Web, Rich Media, CMS, HTML, CSS) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- SEO Engineer - Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed