Subway in TV and social media push for summer special
Subway has launched a £1.8 million campaign including TV and digital work to promote a limited-edition sandwich.
The campaign comprises TV, outdoor, digital and in-store promotions and will last for four weeks, coinciding with the launch and lifespan of Subway’s limited-edition Mango Chicken Sub.
The TV spot debuts tonight and fits within Subway’s "My Sub, My Way" campaign, which broke earlier this year with an ad featuring protagonist Keith Keithson, who only realised he could have things his way when he visited a Subway.
This latest spot introduces a character called Janet who is forever being short-changed by life – for instance, she thinks she’s won a huge teddy bear at the fair but gets a key ring instead – until she discovers Subway and is finally satisfied.
The commercial will be supported by a #WinLikeJanet Facebook game, an online teddy bear hunt using Google Street View.
The work was created by McCann London, and was written by Imogen Jones and art directed by Lianne Galazka. Jonathan Herman directed the spot through Blink. MediaCom Scotland handled the media planning and buying.
Laurence Thomson, the co-president and chief creative officer at McCann London, said: "We’ve had great fun creating Subway stores’ first social campaign under 'My Sub, My Way', and we loved the idea of people winning the bear that Janet never won. Especially when it’s a 1.2 metre cuddly bear."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director Fill Recruitment Up to £45k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director - Global Agency Fill Recruitment to £90k + good benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment c£60k+, London (Central), London (Greater)