DLKW Lowe retains Morrisons £70 million ad account
DLKW Lowe has retained the £73 million Morrisons advertising account after a final three-way pitch against M&C Saatchi and Adam & Eve/DDB.
The agency was informed that it had won the business today (Wednesday) after a hotly contested four-month process culminated in a final round of pitches yesterday. A number of agencies, including WCRS, JWT London and CHI & Partners, were involved earlier in the review.
DLKW Lowe will work alongside its sister Interpublic agency FutureBrand on Morrisons' entire communications strategy and brand experience.
Last year, DLKW Lowe created the surreal "for your Christmas" ad that featured a mum wrestling a turkey as she strived to prepare a festive meal for her family.
This ad replaced Morrisons' former celebrity-focused campaigns, starring the likes of Andrew Flintoff. However, earlier this year, the supermarket signed up Ant & Dec to be the new faces of the brand.
Nick Collard, Morrisons' group marketing and customer director, said: "DLKW Lowe’s advertising campaign with Ant & Dec has demonstrated why Morrisons is different and has been hugely successful.
"We were blown away by both DLKW and Future Brands’ creative ideas and strategy for the future."
Richard Warren, the joint chief executive of DLKW Lowe, said: "We couldn't be more excited about being reappointed. We've never had more belief in the future of the Morrisons brand and business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency