ESI Media hires Beta for data strategy project
ESI Media, the commercial team for the London Evening Standard, The Independent, i, and the Independent on Sunday, has hired Beta to help the newspapers strengthen their relationships with readers through interpreting consumer data.
Beta will work closely with the commercial team to help the four newspapers target more effectively, make their offerings more relevant to their readerships and generate greater returns through ecommerce and partnerships.
The agency will do this by helping to develop insights for marketing and communications through collecting, collating and optimising data generated from the newspapers' online, offline, mobile and tablet news coverage.
Paul Gardener, the managing director of Beta, said: "Understanding how to manage and leverage insights from customer data is fundamental to an effective communications strategy.
"We're very proud and excited to be working with the teams on the Evening Standard and The Independent to help them get more out of their relationships with their readers."
Beta is the first external agency the media group has appointed to handle its data strategy, which it previously managed in-house. The Soho-based agency's other clients include the Royal Mail, Jackpotjoy-owned Gamesys, CityJet and the English National Opera.
Andrew Mullins, the managing director of Evening Standard Ltd and Independent Print, said: "With the continuing growth of our digital platforms and the launch of London Live, it is obviously paramount that we use our data to drive engagement with our brands and products and Beta has demonstrated a clear understanding of the importance of this big task."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London