Vertu holds digital pitch
Vertu, the luxury mobile phone manufacturer, is looking for a digital agency to work with, just months after appointing CHI & Partners as its ad agency.
Several UK digital agencies are understood to have been approached by Vertu, which is looking to appoint a digital agency to work on its website. The brand is handling the pitch itself and has not appointed an intermediary.
Vertu picked CHI & Partners to handle its £5 million advertising account in June, after a four-way pitch against M&C Saatchi, Ogilvy & Mather Paris and Spring Studios. In the same month, Massimiliano Pogliani, formerly the company’s chief marketing officer, replaced the brand’s chief executive, Perry Oosting.
The phone brand previously worked with Agency.com (now part of Designory) for digital projects. It appointed the shop after a contest pitch against the incumbent, The Wheel, in 2005.
Vertu was established in 2000 and was part of Nokia, but was sold to private equity company EQT for a reported $200 million in 2012.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push