ScotRail ad celebrates the joy of rail travel
FirstGroup's ScotRail has launched an ad to follow its "a better way to go" campaign that aims to highlight how enjoyable it is to travel by train.
The 40-second "roll with us" TV ad, created by The Leith Agency, focuses first on a girl skating through the countryside, before the camera pans out to reveal a train of people behind her.
Commuters and shoppers join the ‘human train’ as it skates through the countryside and the city to the 1970s disco song ‘Young Hearts Run Free’ by Candi Staton.
Two 20-second spots have also been created as part of the ad to promote ScotRail’s Club 55 and Kids Go Free products.
The Leith Agency’s Mike Maxwell wrote the ad and Ian Fletcher was the art director. Dom Bridges directed the TV ads through the production company Mustard and MediaCom was in charge of media planning and buying.
Social media, print, outdoor, cinemas and online advertising will support the TV ads.
Graeme Macfarlan, the head of marketing at ScotRail, said: "Rather than featuring different ticket and journey types, the 'roll with us' campaign celebrates the freedom and fun that rail travel offers, whether customers are heading to work, the shops or just enjoying a day out.
"We are taking a fresh and memorable approach and are confident it is one that will resonate with audiences."
The 40-second ad broke yesterday around 5.45pm during ‘Come Dine With Me’ on Channel 4. It then aired during ‘Emmerdale’ and ‘Coronation Street’ on STV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London