Campaign's most-viewed: Comparison sites go head-to-head
Gocompare.com and Comparethemeerkat.com, the price and insurance comparison sites, are among the most-viewed content on Campaign this week.
News that Gocompare.com had put its £28m advertising account up to pitch was pitted against Liz Hurley's debut in the latest marketing push for Comparethemarket.com by VCCP.
Meanwhile, the Marmite flame continued to burn for another week with news that the Advertising Standards Authority would not investigate Adam & Eve/DDB's "neglect" ad for the brand, despite the total number of complaints climbing above 500.
The banning of Iceland's "no horsemeat" ad by the ASA just missed out on a place in the top 10.
Saatchi & Saatchi's relegation out of the pitch for Asda's £100m ad account was also among the most-viewed, alongside news that Lida has been handed Land Rover UK's CRM account.
Following the start of the Barclays Premier League last weekend, Barclay's season opener ad also piqued the interest of Campaign readers this week.
Other work to strike a chord included Crunchy Nut's "revolutionary chocolatier" by Leo Burnett, Heinz's "little brother" by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Samsung's "companion stories" by Jam for the Galaxy S4.
The news of John Treacy's move from Elvis to Proximity to take up the role of executive creative director also made the list.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London