Foot Locker holds social media pitch
Foot Locker is pitching for a digital agency to handle its social media work across Europe.
The pitch is still in its early stages – the brand is understood to have drawn a shortlist of desired agencies for chemistry meetings – but it is not clear when Foot Locker is looking to complete the process. Creativebrief is running the pitch.
The brief will initially focus on social media campaigns for Foot Locker across Europe, including the UK, but it is understood that there is scope for the winning agency to graduate to become the brand’s digital shop of record.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is Foot Locker’s retained advertising agency in Europe. It won the business in 2011, shortly after BBDO New York won the brand’s above-the-line account in the US in a separate pitch.
AMV BBDO expanded its brief with Foot Locker in July to include work promoting the brand’s exclusive range of Adidas trainers. AMV BBDO won the account, which was previously held by Creature, without a pitch.
Foot Locker previously worked with SapientNitro, whose history with the brand goes back to 2007, when a pre-merger Nitro acquired New York shop AKA, whose biggest client was Foot Locker.
In 2011, SapientNitro won a Gold Cyber Lion for its Sneakerpedia work with Foot Locker. AKQA has also worked with Foot Locker on a digital project in conjunction with Nike.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London