Travelodge kicks off pitch for creative and media accounts
Travelodge is reviewing its UK advertising and media accounts ahead of a major above-the-line campaign.
Last year, the budget-hotel chain parted company with the previous creative incumbent, Rapier, before the agency folded. It has subsequently not worked with an advertising agency.
MediaVest picked up the media planning and buying from Carat in November last year, when Travelodge’s marketing was focused solely on digital media. The agency’s hold on the digital media account is not affected by the review.
It is understood that Travelodge has approached agencies directly to invite them to submit their credentials.
Last year, Travelodge ran a series of promotions on Absolute Radio to highlight its portfolio of sites in London. The sponsorship and promotion, which was overseen by Carat, used the tagline: "You can be next to something for next to nothing."
Travelodge is the second-biggest operator in the budget-hotel sector behind Whitbread’s Premier Inn. Its marketing is led by the sales and marketing director, Catriona Kempston.
Travelodge had not responded for comment at the time of going to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £25000 - £35000 per hour, London
- Design Director Major Players £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account