Campaign Viral Chart: LG rains asteroids in first place
LG, the electronics manufacturer, has topped the viral chart this week with a hidden-camera video to promote its new 84-inch television.
The ad, shared 131,571 times this week, sets up people attending a job interview to believe an asteroid has hit earth, by replacing the window of the room with one of the brand's 84-inch "ultra reality" TVs.
The brand has previously used hidden-camera videos to promote its TV ranges. "Lift shocker", created by agency Superheroes, shows users of an elevator fooled into thinking the floor has fallen away as they are trapped inside.
Second most-shared this week, an ad from Qatar Airways, promotes its sponsorship of FC Barcelona, in an ad featuring players at the club, including Lionel Messi and Gerard Piqué.
Created by 180 Amsterdam, the video was shared 108,812 times this week.
In fourth place, Twilight star Robert Pattinson features in an ad for Dior Homme's latest fragrance.
The ad, long-awaited by Pattinson's fans following a drip-feed of campaign teasers, was shared 63,918 times across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere. It was created by Iconoclast.
One Direction's ad for their first fragrance "our moment" was shared 27,291 times. Created by Cake, the ad was Turkey of the Week in Campaign this week.
The chart, ranked according to data from social video experts, Unruly, tracks the number of shares of ads across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere. Ads older than 30-days are not included.
1. LG "ultra reality"
131,571 shares this week
All time: 131,356 shares
2. Qatar Airways "a team that unites the world" by 180 Amsterdam
108,812 shares this week
All time: 549,973 shares
3. Head & Shoulders "Joel Santana em singing in the chuveration" by Africa
94,398 shares this week
All time: 151,300 shares
4. Dior "Dior Homme" by Iconoclast
63,918 shares this week
All time: 72,774 shares
5. Nestle "the future of confectionery" by JWT
28,090 shares this week
All time: 38,465 shares
6. One Direction "our moment" by Cake
27,291 shares this week
All time: 241,982 shares
7. Fiat "punto série especial black motion: um *&#! carro - telefone" by AgenciaClick
24,870 shares this week
All time: 26,598 shares
8. Nike "possibilities" by Wieden & Kennedy Portland
23,573 shares this week
All time: 282,660 shares
9. Nintendo "2DS introduction"
23,087 shares this week
All time: 90,620 shares
10. Kia "applause" by David & Goliath
21,952 shares this week
All time: 157,646 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London