PHD elevates Avril Canavan to global marketing chief
PHD, the Omnicom Media Group agency, has promoted Avril Canavan, its worldwide PR and communications director, to the new role of worldwide marketing and communications director.
She is now responsible for managing the strategic direction of PHD network’s communication and marketing activities, working closely with the teams in PHD’s 79 offices in 63 countries.
She will continue to report to Mike Cooper, the chief executive of PHD Worldwide.
Canavan joined PHD in September 2010 from Iris, where she had held the role of global PR director since 2008. She has also previously run the PR functions at TBWA\London and Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury & Partners.
She started her career at digital agency network Deepgroup, and has also been a communications consultant to the Marketing Agencies Association for the past two years.
Cooper said: "Avril has done an outstanding job in building PHD’s reputation and helping us win numerous agency of the year accolades, as well making the world aware of our thought leadership initiatives like ‘Overthrow’ and ‘Beyond The Horizon’.
"We are delighted she has agreed to take on a wider role across marketing as well as communications."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London