Downton stars join Morse and Poirot in ITV's Where Drama Lives
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 09 September 2013 12:54PM
'Downton Abbey' actors such as Hugh Bonneville share the screen with iconic ITV characters 'Morse' and 'Poirot 'in the channel's campaign to promote its autumn and winter drama programmes.
The latest 'Where Drama Lives' creative, produced in-house at ITV, launches tonight and features actors from upcoming shows such as 'Downton Abbey', alongside characters from past classic ITV shows.
Bonneville, Joanna Froggatt and Jim Carter from 'Downton Abbey' appear, as well as Martin Clunes from 'Doc Martin' and Jeremy Piven, who plays 'Mr Selfridge' in the show of the same name.
Post-production techniques have been used to add in memorable past ITV characters, such as 'Morse', played by John Thaw and Hercule Poirot played by David Suchet.
The specially shot scenes also include characters from upcoming programmes 'The Suspicions of Mr Whicher' and 'Vera', as well as Helen Mirren in her role as DCI Jane Tennison in previous ITV programme 'Prime Suspect'.
The trail was directed by Siri Bunford and art directed by John Beard. Media buying was organised by Mindshare and ITV Media Planning.
Steve November, ITV director of drama, said the post-production additions celebrated ITV’s "rich heritage throughout the decades" as well as returning brands.
He added: "We’re pleased to work, and to have worked, with some of the best on- and off-screen talent in the industry, all of whom have helped to define ITV as a destination for fantastic, high-quality drama."
The 60-second cut of the trail will air tonight before 'Doc Martin' at 9pm on ITV, and across all channels in the ITV network. It will appear on other networks from tomorrow, with cinema, online and poster formats launching later in September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £29000 - £32000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure