101 hires Simon Schmitt as creative director
Creative agency 101 has hired Simon Schmitt, a creative director at Sid Lee Amsterdam, to the same role at the shop.
Schmitt will work alongside 101’s three existing creative directors, Richard Flintham, Mark Elwood and Augusto Sola.
The four will jointly oversee creative output at the agency, with client responsibilities to be decided in future.
Before Sid Lee Amsterdam, Schmitt worked at AKQA in London on the Nike account. Prior to that he was briefly at WCRS and before that, at Sid Lee in Montreal from 2006, focusing on Adidas, Red Bull and MGM.
In 2012, he moved back to Sid Lee, to the agency’s Amsterdam branch to lead the Adidas account, before approaching 101 earlier this year, according to the agency.
The additional creative director position at 101 has been created after new business wins from Sainsbury’s, Baileys Chocolat Luxe, Nandos and Cadbury Mini Rolls, over the past 18 months.
Flintham, founding creative partner at 101 said: "Augusto, Mark and myself are delighted to welcome Simon alongside us as a creative lead at 101. We have worked very hard, have big ambitions and are blessed with some great opportunities. Being able to share and build them with Simon feels really good."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Designer - Suffolk ASG £25,000, Suffolk
- Point of Purchase Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Brand Manager Stopgap £45000 - £55000 per annum, West Midlands
- Brand Leader Purple Consultancy £55000 - £65000 per annum, Geneva
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard