Crispin Porter wins Turkish Airlines global ad account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 September 2013 10:36AM
Turkish Airlines has appointed Crispin Porter & Bogusky London to its global advertising account after a competitive pitch.
Turkish Airlines, which handled the pitch itself, spends around £1 million a year on advertising in the UK, according to Nielsen. Crispin Porter & Bogusky is understood to have beaten 72 and Sunny, DDB Europe, Sapient Nitro, Strawberry Frog and Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam to win the account.
According to sources close to the pitch, Turkish Airlines is claiming a global spend of around $100 million (£63 million).
Alametifarika, a Turkish agency, was the incumbent on the account. Earlier this year it created an ad featuring basketball player Kobe Bryant and footballer Lionel Messi, which became one of the most popular ads ever to appear on YouTube.
Turkish Airlines and Crispin Porter & Bogusky did not respond in time to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film