Karmarama scoops Cobra ad brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 September 2013 08:00AM
Karmarama has won the UK creative account for Cobra, the Indian beer brand owned by Molson Coors.
The agency was appointed after a four-way shoot-out against JWT London, VCCP and CHI & Partners.
The incumbent, Beattie McGuinness Bungay, did not repitch.
Karmarama joins the Molson Coors roster and will start work immediately on an integrated campaign to launch in spring 2014.
Lord Bilimoria, a founder of Cobra, said the campaign aims to position the brand at the top of the UK lager category by celebrating its "impossible smoothness".
Molson Coors spends £2.4 million on UK media for Cobra, according to Nielsen. This is expected to increase to above £3 million for the coming year.
Last year, Cobra launched the "Cobra train" campaign, created by BMB, showing a train travelling through the Indian landscape.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Marketing Assistant Brand Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, St. Neots
- Interim Marketing Manager - Homewares Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- French Speaking Designer Source £24000 per annum, London