Karmarama scoops Cobra ad brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 September 2013 08:00AM
Karmarama has won the UK creative account for Cobra, the Indian beer brand owned by Molson Coors.
The agency was appointed after a four-way shoot-out against JWT London, VCCP and CHI & Partners.
The incumbent, Beattie McGuinness Bungay, did not repitch.
Karmarama joins the Molson Coors roster and will start work immediately on an integrated campaign to launch in spring 2014.
Lord Bilimoria, a founder of Cobra, said the campaign aims to position the brand at the top of the UK lager category by celebrating its "impossible smoothness".
Molson Coors spends £2.4 million on UK media for Cobra, according to Nielsen. This is expected to increase to above £3 million for the coming year.
Last year, Cobra launched the "Cobra train" campaign, created by BMB, showing a train travelling through the Indian landscape.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£55000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Project Manager Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £32000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Customer Insight Manager British Heart Foundation Up to £45,000 p/a + benefits, London
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign