Karmarama scoops Cobra ad brief
Karmarama has won the UK creative account for Cobra, the Indian beer brand owned by Molson Coors.
The agency was appointed after a four-way shoot-out against JWT London, VCCP and CHI & Partners.
The incumbent, Beattie McGuinness Bungay, did not repitch.
Karmarama joins the Molson Coors roster and will start work immediately on an integrated campaign to launch in spring 2014.
Lord Bilimoria, a founder of Cobra, said the campaign aims to position the brand at the top of the UK lager category by celebrating its "impossible smoothness".
Molson Coors spends £2.4 million on UK media for Cobra, according to Nielsen. This is expected to increase to above £3 million for the coming year.
Last year, Cobra launched the "Cobra train" campaign, created by BMB, showing a train travelling through the Indian landscape.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity