Havas Media scoops £7m Pernod Ricard
Pernod Ricard, the owner of Absolut Vodka and Malibu, has awarded its UK media planning and buying business to Havas Media after a final contest against the incumbent, Vizeum.
Goodstuff Communications was involved at an earlier stage of the process.
Havas Media had handled the business before Vizeum’s appointment in 2006. A spokesman for the agency, whose sister shop Havas Worldwide works on Pernod Ricard’s advertising, declined to comment.
Patrick Venning, the marketing director at Pernod Ricard UK, said: "We are currently undertaking negotiations and will be in a position to announce the appointed agency shortly."
Pernod Ricard spent £6.9 million on media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + benefits, London
- Junior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £35K + benefits , Central London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! to £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Digital Project Manager - International Ad agency £30-35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni