Isobel takes Bordeaux account global
Isobel, the independent creative agency, has won the £8 million global creative account for Bordeaux wines, after previously managing the UK business.
The win follows a pitch called by the Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB), the industry body that promotes wines from the Bordeaux region in France, after it decided to consolidate its global advertising into a single agency.
Isobel previously ran the UK account for three years. It created the "Good food would choose Bordeaux" print campaign, which launched in 2010 and promoted Bordeaux as a wine that pairs naturally with good food.
It is now working on a global campaign, which will break in October in China, Japan, USA, France, the UK and other European markets. The work will be primarily print and digital and will aim to attract new customers to the wine brand.
Paul Houlding, the chief executive of Isobel, said: "The new direction is a complete break from anything that Bordeaux has ever run before. Our enemy was 'traditional wine advertising' and the work reflects that. It is quirky, illustrative and uncompromising."
Bordeaux previously managed advertising through separate agencies for each market. Isobel ran the UK account until its contract ended in December 2012.
Francois Jumeau, the director of marketing at CIVB, said: "We are very pleased to be working with Isobel. They have created an insightful and creatively compelling idea, which we are confident will help drive sales of Bordeaux wines."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London