Joanna Lumley takes centre stage in Sky on-demand campaign
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 September 2013 11:08AM
Joanna Lumley is staring in a new television advertising campaign for Sky where she pays homage to hit series including 'Game of Thrones' and 'The Walking Dead'.
The campaign was created by Brothers and Sisters, with media by MediaCom and will premiere today across terrestrial and satellite channels. It will also run across print, outdoor, digital and social media.
In the spots, Lumley is seen impersonating characters from the series, which are available as box sets through Sky’s On Demand TV service. The service provides Sky customers who have connected their Sky+HD box to broadband with access to both box sets and catch-up TV.
Andy Fowler, the executive creative director and founder at Brothers and Sisters, said: "With the hangover from the recession seemingly having left the UK we wanted to create a campaign to make Britain laugh again.
"Joanna is a brilliant comedy actress who creates her own madcap trailers for some of the most popular box sets available on Sky On Demand. Brothers and Sisters gave you multiple Beckhams, and now Joanna Lumley as Daenerys Targaryen, mother of dragons."
Other box sets available on Sky’s On Demand service include ‘The Wire’, ‘Sopranos’, ‘Mad Men’ and ‘Seinfeld’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Analyst Direct Recruitment £42,000, Central London
- COPYWRITER - INTERNATIONAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northampton
- Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London
- Graphic Designer Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum + benefits, Newmarket