Channel 4 drafts in Drum's Simon Wells for funded content
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 October 2013 09:32AM
Channel 4 has appointed Simon Wells, the head of IP and entertainment formats at Drum OMG, as partnership controller for funded content and creative solutions.
The new role was announced earlier this year as one of two new controller posts in a realignment of the partnership team at the broadcaster.
Wells will be responsible for driving Channel 4 business across advertiser-funded programming, partnership activation and break innovation and will report to the partnership leader, Rob Ramsey.
He will work alongside the partnership controller for sponsorship, Rupinder Downie.
He leaves Drum OMG after nine years in his position, where he has been involved in creating advertiser-funded programmes including ‘What’s Cooking in the Sainsbury’s Kitchen?’ for Channel 4, ‘The Krypton Factor’ for ITV and ‘The Angina Monologues’ for Sky.
Jonathan Lewis, the head of digital and partnership innovation, said: "Simon is a unique talent, who brings to Channel 4 a wealth of commercial, creative and production experience. He will be pivotal to help drive Channel 4’s partnerships with advertisers to develop engaging and innovative content."
Before joining Omnicom Media Group, Wells worked in commercial development at ETV Media Group and prior to that he was the head of advertiser partnerships at Endemol.
Wells said: "I am looking forward to working with the great team [at Channel 4] to continue building on the ambitious and ground breaking creative and commercial partnerships they have been developing."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £55000 per annum, Windsor
- Business Development Executive | £25-30K Dynamic New Alliances £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Officer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Midweight Designer - Highly sought-after Branding Agency Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London