Tissue meetings not helpful, Hegarty says
Sir John Hegarty, the chair of this year's Campaign Big Awards, has said "tissue" meetings are counterproductive to making creative magic.
Interviewed in the latest of Campaign’s Talking Inspiration video series, Hegarty said: "We’ve a point of view that says the best way to sell great work is to constantly include the client. There are all kinds of things one should do to include the client, but tissue meetings aren’t one of them.
"You have five or six ideas and then you say you’re going to concentrate on one… but who knows if that is going to create the magic? Why would you invent a process that inhibits magic?"
The Campaign Big Awards are on 23 October 2013. Find out more at www.campaignbigawards.com.
For outtakes from the interview above, download the Campaign iPad edition for 3 October 2013 now.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior PM UX and Design Source £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35-45K Source £35000 - £45000 per annum + Bens, London
- Middleweight/Senior Graphic Designer Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Artworker, Ecommerce. Periscope Recruitment LLP £20 - £25 per day + Travel, Coventry