IPG picks the7stars for new network
IPG Mediabrands is planning to launch BPN, a third mainstream agency brand in the UK, through an affiliate deal with the7stars.
The agency will be run out of the7stars under a revenue-sharing model, pitching under the BPN name. It will offer media planning and buying services.
The deal – agreed in principle but not yet signed – adds the UK to the 26 countries in which BPN already operates and will lessen conflict issues for UM and Initiative, IPG’s other UK media agencies.
Andy Jones, the chief executive of IPG Mediabrands UK and Ireland, said new-business wins for the network had prompted the launch.
"We have been looking for the right timing to launch BPN here in the UK and, with several opportunities presenting themselves, the new agency will hit the ground running in the very near future," he said.
Jones described the affiliate arrangement, which BPN has used in other markets such as Turkey, Indonesia and Peru, as an "ideal solution".
"BPN is a global network and, if you’re global, you’ve got to have a UK office," he said. "If we built something from scratch, it would take at least five years to get to the stage that the7stars is at."
Jones added that the agency would not have a specific UK chief executive, but Jenny Biggam and Mark Jarvis, the founders of the7stars, would effectively lead it.
Biggam said: "We see this as an opportunity to work with a new and ambitious global agency while retaining our independence here in the UK. It won’t change the essence of the7stars and makes no difference to our UK clients."
BPN has around 500 staff and clients including Fisher-Price, Ethan Allen and Mattel in Latin America.
Mauricio Sabogal, the global chief executive of BPN, said the agency had the potential to "make its mark in the UK industry quite quickly and become a valuable player in the BPN network".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Digital Designer 4 Innovative Charity Zebra People £22000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, South East
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency