Freeview joins Freesat in ad assault
Freeview, the free to air platform, is set to launch a TV ad to promote its 'Entertainment. It's even better when it's free' campaign, during tomorrow night's 'X Factor'.
The new 60-second ad features two tadpoles dancing with their respective clouds. The camera pans out to reveal a young boy wearing goggles to watch the tadpoles perform underwater.
The ad aims to convey the message that entertainment is even better when it is free and is set to The Kinks song ‘You Really Got Me’.
The creative team at Leo Burnett was Ed Morris and Andy Drugan. The spot was directed by Ne-O through Stink with post production by Glassworks. Media planning and buying is being handled by MEC and digital activity is from Grand Union.
Guy North, the marketing communications director at Freeview, said: "With this campaign we want people to engage with the brand by showing just how amazing entertainment that is free can be.
"We hope this will make them think again about Freeview and realise that far from being second best, being free can mean something is even better."
Yesterday, Campaign revealed rival platform Freesat is launching a TV, digital and direct marketing campaign created by Now to promote its subscription-free satellite offering.
The BBC, ITV, Channel 4, BSkyB and Arqiva own Freeview, whereas Freesat is a joint venture from just the BBC and ITV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show