Freeview joins Freesat in ad assault
Freeview, the free to air platform, is set to launch a TV ad to promote its 'Entertainment. It's even better when it's free' campaign, during tomorrow night's 'X Factor'.
The new 60-second ad features two tadpoles dancing with their respective clouds. The camera pans out to reveal a young boy wearing goggles to watch the tadpoles perform underwater.
The ad aims to convey the message that entertainment is even better when it is free and is set to The Kinks song ‘You Really Got Me’.
The creative team at Leo Burnett was Ed Morris and Andy Drugan. The spot was directed by Ne-O through Stink with post production by Glassworks. Media planning and buying is being handled by MEC and digital activity is from Grand Union.
Guy North, the marketing communications director at Freeview, said: "With this campaign we want people to engage with the brand by showing just how amazing entertainment that is free can be.
"We hope this will make them think again about Freeview and realise that far from being second best, being free can mean something is even better."
Yesterday, Campaign revealed rival platform Freesat is launching a TV, digital and direct marketing campaign created by Now to promote its subscription-free satellite offering.
The BBC, ITV, Channel 4, BSkyB and Arqiva own Freeview, whereas Freesat is a joint venture from just the BBC and ITV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - top financial services business in Yorkshire Perfect Marketing People To £40k, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Content Production Intern Haymarket Media Group £12,000, Teddington (City/Town), London (Greater)