Jack Wilshere stars in Weetabix campaign
Weetabix has launched a campaign starring Jack Wilshere, the Arsenal and England footballer, Rebecca Adlington, the double Olympic gold medallist swimmer, and Jason Kenny, the triple Olympic gold medal-winning track cyclist.
The campaign will include three online documentaries featuring Wilshere, Adlington and Kenny’s mothers talking about how important eating healthily was when the sports stars were growing up.
The activity launches online today with an online video starring Jack and his mother Kerry Wilshere on Weetabix’s Facebook page and YouTube channel. Over the next three weeks, other films will star Kay Adlington and Lorraine Kenny.
The films were directed by Ben Woolf and created by Mind's Eye Media. Mischief PR is promoting the activity with social media by Good Relations.
Wendy French, the senior brand manager at Weetabix, said: "It's an enormous privilege for us to work with Jack and Kerry Wilshere, Becky and Kay Adlington and Jason and Lorraine Kenny to make these documentaries, which we hope will inspire Britain's mums."
The campaign follows research from Weetabix that found 60 per cent of under-fives do not eat a proper breakfast every day yet 70 per cent of them dream of having a career in sport, with football, swimming and cycling among the most popular sports.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014