Campaign Viral Chart: Crest and Oral-B turn Halloween candy into viral gold
Crest and Oral-B, the dental hygiene brands, have turned Halloween into an unexpected marketing opportunity with an ad shared 181,350 times ahead of the confectioneryladen holiday.
The ad was created by Publicis Kaplan Thaler and features a focus group of children testing alternative Halloween candy made from vegetables.
Microsoft's XBox One joins and bests Sony's PlayStation 4 in the chart this week. The ad, created by Crispin Porter & Bogusky, positions the games console as an all-in-one media centre for entertainment and communication.
The video, shared 73,813 times this week, highlights the XBox One's ability to play movies and video chat with friends, alongside its core game-playing functions.
Elsewhere, Apple's TV ad for the latest iteration of its iPad, iPad Air, has been shared 19,556 times in the past seven days.
The ad, created by TBWA, features only a pencil until the final few seconds, when the new product is revealed from behind it, promoting the device as Apple's thinnest iPad.
In a second ad, also by TBWA and shared 19,241 times this week, Apple reveals the production process behind its new Mac Pro desktop computer.
1. Crest & Oral-B "halloween treats gone wrong" by Publicis Kaplan Thaler
181,350 shares this week
All time: 195,957 shares
2. Pepsi MAX "uncle drew: chapter 3" by Davie Brown Entertainment
127,460 shares this week
All time: 267,589 shares
3. Xbox "invitation" by Crispin Porter & Bogusky
73,813 shares this week
All time: 81,119 shares
4. MGM "telekinetic coffee shop surprise" by Thinkmodo
69,192 shares this week
All time: 2,097,973 shares
5. Honda "illusions" by Mcgarrybowen
58,565 shares this week
All time: 101,835 shares
6. Nike "training day" by Wieden & Kennedy
37,780 shares this week
All time: 61,477 shares
7. Sony PlayStation "for the players since 1995" by Drum PHD
19,732 shares this week
All time: 114,284 shares
8. Apple "pencil" by TBWA
19,556 shares this week
All time: 32,901 shares
9. Apple "making the all-new Mac Pro" by TBWA
19,241 shares this week
All time: 30,997 shares
10. GoPro "smaller, lighter, mightier still." create in-house
14,025 shares this week
All time: 321,717 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London