Campaign Viral Chart: Crest and Oral-B turn Halloween candy into viral gold
Crest and Oral-B, the dental hygiene brands, have turned Halloween into an unexpected marketing opportunity with an ad shared 181,350 times ahead of the confectioneryladen holiday.
The ad was created by Publicis Kaplan Thaler and features a focus group of children testing alternative Halloween candy made from vegetables.
Microsoft's XBox One joins and bests Sony's PlayStation 4 in the chart this week. The ad, created by Crispin Porter & Bogusky, positions the games console as an all-in-one media centre for entertainment and communication.
The video, shared 73,813 times this week, highlights the XBox One's ability to play movies and video chat with friends, alongside its core game-playing functions.
Elsewhere, Apple's TV ad for the latest iteration of its iPad, iPad Air, has been shared 19,556 times in the past seven days.
The ad, created by TBWA, features only a pencil until the final few seconds, when the new product is revealed from behind it, promoting the device as Apple's thinnest iPad.
In a second ad, also by TBWA and shared 19,241 times this week, Apple reveals the production process behind its new Mac Pro desktop computer.
1. Crest & Oral-B "halloween treats gone wrong" by Publicis Kaplan Thaler
181,350 shares this week
All time: 195,957 shares
2. Pepsi MAX "uncle drew: chapter 3" by Davie Brown Entertainment
127,460 shares this week
All time: 267,589 shares
3. Xbox "invitation" by Crispin Porter & Bogusky
73,813 shares this week
All time: 81,119 shares
4. MGM "telekinetic coffee shop surprise" by Thinkmodo
69,192 shares this week
All time: 2,097,973 shares
5. Honda "illusions" by Mcgarrybowen
58,565 shares this week
All time: 101,835 shares
6. Nike "training day" by Wieden & Kennedy
37,780 shares this week
All time: 61,477 shares
7. Sony PlayStation "for the players since 1995" by Drum PHD
19,732 shares this week
All time: 114,284 shares
8. Apple "pencil" by TBWA
19,556 shares this week
All time: 32,901 shares
9. Apple "making the all-new Mac Pro" by TBWA
19,241 shares this week
All time: 30,997 shares
10. GoPro "smaller, lighter, mightier still." create in-house
14,025 shares this week
All time: 321,717 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency