We Are Social hires AKQA's Elie Adamson
We Are Social has appointed Elie Adamson, a group account director at AKQA, as its London client services director, replacing Nicole Ghobrial who is relocating to We Are Social New York.
In the role, which she begins this week, Adamson will take responsibility for the social media agency’s client relationships, working to position social media at the centre of their marketing strategies.
She has worked at AKQA for six years and has spent the last two as group account director, focusing on securing and building key accounts for the agency, such as Google+ and Mondelez. She has also worked on Royal Navy, Fiat, Unilever, Lancome and Xbox.
Adamson was previously a senior account director, and before that a mobile account director.
Jim Coleman, the managing director of We Are Social, said: "Elie’s years spent working in a top-flight agency environment like AKQA is a perfect fit for We Are Social, and her client services experience is second to none."
Adamson said: "We Are Social’s trajectory over the last five years has been nothing short of exceptional."
She described We Are Social’s clients as "taking social media seriously".
Ghobrial is relocating to the agency’s New York office in January 2014 to take up the same role there. She has spent two years at We Are Social in London after joining as a group account director in 2011.
Coleman said: "Nicole has done some amazing work here over the last two years and we’re sad to see her go, even if she is staying in the We Are Social family. She’ll be a huge asset to our team in New York."
We Are Social was founded in June 2008 in London, and now has eight international offices and over 380 staff.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Editor Major Players £220 - £260 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Visual Designer - Award winning Tech City brand Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Filed Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £45000 - £60000 per annum, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- UI/UX Designer - Mobile / A/B testing / usability testing Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + substantial share options, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Media Director Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Singapore anti-gambling ad slammed on Twitter after picking a winner
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- National Trust launches debut TV campaign
- Metcalfe's set to release quirky debut TV ad