OMD lands SSE media planning and buying
OMD UK has won the media planning and buying account for SSE, the UK's second-biggest energy supplier.
The agency won the business after a final shoot-out against MEC. Mindshare and ZenithOptimedia were also involved in the pitch, which was called in July and handled by AAR. The incumbent was The Media Shop Scotland.
SSE spent £4.6 million on UK media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, but is planning to increase this amid heightened scrutiny of energy suppliers.
The process coincided with the arrival of SSE’s first chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore, who said the pitch was "keenly contested".
OMD will work alongside Adam & Eve/DDB, which won SSE’s ad account earlier this year, and a yet-to-be-appointed CRM agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films