Boots Christmas ad stars hoodie-wearing Santa
Boots is hoping to inspire people to buy presents for the different people in their lives by using a young man to challenge stereotypes in its Christmas ad.
The spot, created by Mother, shows a young man in a hoodie who looks like he is going to play knock-a-door run, but is actually handing out gifts from Boots to the people who have helped him during the year.
The ad was emailed to Advantage Card holders and released to Boots’ Facebook community yesterday, ahead of it airing on TV for the first time during ITV’s ‘Coronation Street’ this evening.
Jeff Labbe directed the spot through Sonny. Speade edited the spot, while post production was by MPC with audio post-production by Factory.
The presents the young man gives out include a Philips groomer for his teacher with big eyebrows, who helped him with his maths, and Marc Jacobs perfume for "the fittest girl in year ten". When he returns home, he himself finds some Hugo Boss aftershave.
Annabel Franks, the head of Christmas and exclusives, Boots UK, said: "With exciting collaborations, this year, including partnerships with Jenny Packham, Fearne Cotton, the Hairy Bikers, Ted Baker and French Connection, all at incredible, high-street prices, we hope that our customers can find just the gift to make the people who make them feel good, feel good in return this Christmas."
In addition to the 60-second ad, there will be a 40- and 30-second version. The campaign, planned and bought by OMD UK, will include print, digital, direct mail, e-mails and PR will support the TV activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Advertising Campaign Manager Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car and bonus., Slough
- Midweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £200 - £250 per day, West London
- Global Consumer & Market Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £49000.00 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London
- EMEA Marketing Campaign Manager Leica Geosystems Negotiable , Milton Keynes