Boots Christmas ad stars hoodie-wearing Santa
Boots is hoping to inspire people to buy presents for the different people in their lives by using a young man to challenge stereotypes in its Christmas ad.
The spot, created by Mother, shows a young man in a hoodie who looks like he is going to play knock-a-door run, but is actually handing out gifts from Boots to the people who have helped him during the year.
The ad was emailed to Advantage Card holders and released to Boots’ Facebook community yesterday, ahead of it airing on TV for the first time during ITV’s ‘Coronation Street’ this evening.
Jeff Labbe directed the spot through Sonny. Speade edited the spot, while post production was by MPC with audio post-production by Factory.
The presents the young man gives out include a Philips groomer for his teacher with big eyebrows, who helped him with his maths, and Marc Jacobs perfume for "the fittest girl in year ten". When he returns home, he himself finds some Hugo Boss aftershave.
Annabel Franks, the head of Christmas and exclusives, Boots UK, said: "With exciting collaborations, this year, including partnerships with Jenny Packham, Fearne Cotton, the Hairy Bikers, Ted Baker and French Connection, all at incredible, high-street prices, we hope that our customers can find just the gift to make the people who make them feel good, feel good in return this Christmas."
In addition to the 60-second ad, there will be a 40- and 30-second version. The campaign, planned and bought by OMD UK, will include print, digital, direct mail, e-mails and PR will support the TV activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign