Boots Christmas ad stars hoodie-wearing Santa
Boots is hoping to inspire people to buy presents for the different people in their lives by using a young man to challenge stereotypes in its Christmas ad.
The spot, created by Mother, shows a young man in a hoodie who looks like he is going to play knock-a-door run, but is actually handing out gifts from Boots to the people who have helped him during the year.
The ad was emailed to Advantage Card holders and released to Boots’ Facebook community yesterday, ahead of it airing on TV for the first time during ITV’s ‘Coronation Street’ this evening.
Jeff Labbe directed the spot through Sonny. Speade edited the spot, while post production was by MPC with audio post-production by Factory.
The presents the young man gives out include a Philips groomer for his teacher with big eyebrows, who helped him with his maths, and Marc Jacobs perfume for "the fittest girl in year ten". When he returns home, he himself finds some Hugo Boss aftershave.
Annabel Franks, the head of Christmas and exclusives, Boots UK, said: "With exciting collaborations, this year, including partnerships with Jenny Packham, Fearne Cotton, the Hairy Bikers, Ted Baker and French Connection, all at incredible, high-street prices, we hope that our customers can find just the gift to make the people who make them feel good, feel good in return this Christmas."
In addition to the 60-second ad, there will be a 40- and 30-second version. The campaign, planned and bought by OMD UK, will include print, digital, direct mail, e-mails and PR will support the TV activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show