BT Sport enters people's homes for new ad
BT will promote the wide range of sport on its channels through a new TV ad starring the presenter Jake Humphrey that launches this evening (12 November).
In the new spot, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Humphrey is freed from the BT Sport studio to visit people watching live coverage from the broadcaster.
As the ad and Humphrey flip through front rooms, pubs, kitchens and a barber's, the people in the various settings are so engrossed in the live action on BT Sport that they do not notice him.
The ad was written by Matt King, art directed by Larry Dyer and directed by Ben Wheatley through Moxie Pictures. Maxus handled media planning and buying.
David James, BT's consumer marketing director, said: "For the winter ad, we felt now was the time to move on and focus more on the passion the fans feel for the fantastic live sport we have on offer.
"I hope viewers will really enjoy the new ad – it’s a showcase of the great action we have coming up, including more Barclays Premier League top-pick matches than Sky Sports from now until the end of the season.
"We also hope people like the visual twist in the ad as Jake joins the fans."
Last week, BT won the rights to broadcast the whole of the Uefa Champions League and Uefa Europa League from 2015 after bidding £299 million a year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood