Gary Barlow and the meerkats team up for Corrie anniversary
Gary Barlow, the 'X Factor' presenter and former Take That frontman, has performed with Aleksandr Orlov to mark the one-year anniversary of Comparethemarket.com sponsoring 'Coronation Street'
In the 90-second ad that aired last night Barlow performs a special version of his new single, ‘Let Me Go’, with Orlov and his fellow meerkats on the cobbled street of the ITV soap. The full ad will also air this evening on ITV.
The partnership was created by Barlow’s record producers Polydor Records and ITV and developed by VCCP. The media planning and buying for the campaign was by ZenithOptimedia.
At VCCP the creative team was Matt Hynds and Liam Wilson and the creative directors on the business were Darren Bailes and Matt Lloyd. Darren Walsh directed the spot through Passion Pictures.
Mark Vile, the marketing director at Comparethemarket.com, said: "The partnership with ITV’s Coronation Street is one which has thrived and we really wanted to deliver something special to the fans to celebrate our anniversary.
"It was fantastic for us to have Gary Barlow on board and as a self-confessed fan of both the meerkats and Coronation Street, it was the perfect fit. We look forward to many more years celebrating with The Street in the future."
In the ad the meerkats are getting ready for a party. When Barlow arrives he is not very happy to see the animals but he gets over it and as he ends his performance there is a burst of fireworks.
Chris Elrin, the commercial director, Polydor Records, said: "Three icons of British culture together in one place, what’s not to love?!"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP