Heinz in global media agency pitch
Heinz is involved in a pitch for its global media planning and buying business, which has been held by Vizeum in the UK for the past nine years.
The US food giant is in conversations with most of the major holding groups about its media business. Sources said it could appoint a single global agency, or could make appointments on a regional or local level.
Local market meetings are expected to take place in December and a result is not expected until April 2014. Although the company is based in the US, sources said the process is being run out of Heinz’ supply chain "hub" in the Netherlands.
The review does not affect the Heinz ad account, held by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO in the UK.
Dentsu Aegis Network agency Vizeum, then part of Aegis Group, picked up the UK account in 2004 along with the business in the Netherlands and Portugal. Heinz works with lots of different agencies around the world including Cramer-Krasselt in the US.
The review follows Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway and the Brazilian investment fund 3G Capital buying Heinz earlier this year for $28 billion (£17.2 billion).
Spokesman for Heinz and Vizeum declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign