Richard Dunmall joins Bauer as MD
Bauer Media has hired the former Naked Communications global chief executive Richard Dunmall in the new role of managing director of advertising.
Dunmall will be in charge of the group’s 200-strong sales team across a portfolio that includes Grazia and Closer, as well as the radio stations Magic and Kiss.
He is also likely to lead the sales team at Absolute Radio once the regulator approves Bauer Media’s purchase, although the company declined to comment on this.
Dunmall will report to Paul Keenan, the chief executive of Bauer Media. Karen Stacey, the broadcast sales director, and Clare Chamberlain, the sales director for London lifestyle, will report to Dunmall.
He joins the layer of management that includes: Abby Carvosso, the group MD of London lifestyle; Dee Ford, the group MD of Bauer Radio; Mark Hardy, the group digital director; Anne-Marie Lavan, the group marketing director; Sarah Vickery, the group finance and strategy director; Sarah Barnes, the group HR director; and Rob Munro-Hall, the group MD, specialist.
Keenan confirmed Dunmall’s appointment, calling it an "exciting development" for the business, which claims to reach more than 20 million UK consumers every week.
Dunmall left Naked in September after less than a year amid a restructure of the network that gave the agency offices localised control.
Before Naked, he spent six years at Microsoft Advertising, latterly as the vice-president of global ad sales. Dunmall was also the chief executive of Mindshare’s UK digital division, Interaction, between 2004 and 2006.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency