KFC launches first Christmas brand campaign
KFC, the fast food chain, is releasing a tongue-in-cheek musical ad for Christmas to encourage diners to forget their differences over a bucket of fried chicken.
The two-and-a-half minute ad will air during ITV’s 'X Factor' on Saturday (30 November), taking up almost the entire break. The ad is the first ever brand campaign that KFC has produced for Christmas.
The spot, called "KFC Xmas – come together", is filmed in the style of a musical, and features a KFC choir, along with various humorous characters who sing about putting aside their differences over a KFC bucket.
One line from the ad is, "Typically I hate your guts, and I’d try to kill you but, one of everybody’s vices, is 11 herbs and spices."
After the launch on 30 November, KFC will begin a social media campaign on Twitter, where customers can write about a conflict in their own life. The winning entrant will star in a TV ad, which will air during ‘The X Factor’ on 14 December and feature the KFC choir singing a specially written song.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty created the campaign, with Walker Media handling the media buying and planning and Fabric Worldwide handling social media.
The spot was written by Matt Moreland and David Kolbusz, with the latter also art directing along with Chris Clarke. Tim Godsall directed the ad through Biscuit Filmworks.
Meg Farren, the marketing director at KFC, said: "This Christmas, we not only wanted to do something different but also wanted to stay true to what KFC is about – bringing people together over a shared great taste – while having fun and encouraging people to join in. We’re also really excited about using social media in this way and engaging consumers using Twitter."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity