Argos reviews £55 million ad account
Argos has put its £55 million advertising account, held by CHI & Partners, up for review.
The retailer has appointed AAR to manage the process, which it claims is designed to "reinvent Argos as a digital retail leader". The review was instigated by new marketing director Stephen Vowles and is expected to take three months.
Mindshare, The Social Practice, The Communications Agency and Razorfish, who work respectively on media buying, social media, promotions and digital briefs, are unaffected by this review.
Vowles said: "We feel the time is right for this review of creative ideas as we embark on a transformation of Argos into becoming a digital retail leader. We are changing and so are our advertising needs, which will need to access a broad mix of traditional and digital channels.
CHI, which Vowles credited with creating Argos' most successful campaign with its 'Aliens' ads, will be shortlisted for the review.
Sarah Golding, the chief executive of CHI, added: "As a key strategic partner for the past eight years, we are excited by the transformation journey that Argos has embarked upon and believe we will prove that we are the right agency partner for them going forward."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER Kingston First Up to £35,000 plus benefits, Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (Senior) Major Players £00000000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Visual Designer Experis Circa £43,000 + Benefits, London (City of), London (Greater)