Lotto, Durex and Ruud Wanck among Campaign's most-read news in 2013
In 2013, Campaign's website received more than two million unique browsers and 7.5 million page views. Here are the news headlines that have been the most popular this year.
Breaking ad campaigns were among the most-viewed content, with the launch of the Lotto's 'ooh-wakka-doo' singalong campaign featuring alongside Durex's "fundawear", which claimed it assisted long-distance foreplay between couples.
The internet loves cats, and Campaign readers are no different - the launch of "running with cats" spot for Moneysupermarket.com was also a winner.
In the Christmas campaign stakes, Sainsbury's "Christmas in a day" by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO bested the annual John Lewis spot by Adam & Eve/DDB. Both appeared in the top half of the ten most-viewed news stories.
And in the world of sports and celebrity, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nike's starring role in Campaign's weekly viral chart secured them a place in the top 10 list, as did the British and Irish Lions' appearance in an ad for HSBC.
The sad news of the death of the Naked Communications founder John Harlow earlier in the year was another of the most-viewed stories in 2013. Also well read was a further tribute to a "brilliant misfit".
Meanwhile, news that Norway is the world's most-advanced nation for digital media and Ruud Wanck's promotion at Group M rounded off this year's most-visited news content.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Search & Performance Marketing Director - Dubai MCG Associates Competitive and Tax Free in the sunshine!, Dubai, UAE
- Regional Planning & Strategy Director - Middle East & North Africa - Dubai Based MCG Associates Large Tax Free Package + Family Medical + Family Flights + Bonus + Relocation flights and hotel, Dubai - UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - Social Media - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'