VCCP's Thornton credits Bailes with O2's Campaign of the Year success
By Georgina Brazier, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:27AM
Jim Thornton, the creative director at VCCP, attributes the recent success of the agency in The Annual 2013 from Campaign to the executive creative director, Darren Bailes.
In the video above, Thornton said Bailes personally "tapped the winning ball over the line" with O2's "be more dog", which picked up Campaign of the Year in The Annual 2013.
Bailes is currently off work after breaking his leg.
Thornton said. "This is his day. What the agency has achieved today is in recognition of his development of the agency".
Sophie Maunder-Allan, the group strategy officer at VCCP, said both client and agency had made a "bold, brave move" with the campaign, highlighting that "real collaboration between an agency and the client works best".
VCCP also won the Advertising Agency of the Year accolade in last week’s Campaign Annual.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- EMEA Sales Consultant Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £24000 - £28000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Board Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £75000.00 per annum, City of London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition