Heinz picks up the November Aerial Award
By Annabelle Collins, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 December 2013 09:56AM
Heinz has won the Radio Advertising Bureau's Aerial Award for November for a radio ad created by Paul Burke, a creative at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
The radio ad for Heinz tomato soup, titled "cold", is voiced by the actor David Tennant and stood out for its "simplicity and class".
Will Awdry, a creative partner at Ogilvy and Mather and the judge of the awards, said: "It’s not overwritten. It puts tomato soup very much in mind and having listened to a good selection of contenders, it was still in mind days later."
The sound engineer and production company was The Lab at AMV BBDO.
Burke said on winning the award: "I am very proud to win because it is validation for something you have worked hard on and radio is my favourite medium to work with."
The ad is part of a long-running Heinz radio campaign. The ads always feature one person speaking whom the ad is written specifically for.
Burke said: "Heinz are true to life. They pick the person carefully – it is hard to find people with recognisable voices. No one has turned down the Heinz radio ad after being asked; it’s a bit like 'Desert Island Discs'."
Burke thinks 2014 will be an important year for radio advertising.
He said: "We are over the worst and I think there is a great sense of optimism for next year. If radio is done properly, it is a very powerful medium."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Global FMCG Brands - 45k - 50k Fill Recruitment Ltd 45k - 50k pending experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Head of New Business | Digital Innovations Agency | £80K OTE Zebra People £55000 - £60000 per annum + £20K+ comms, great benefits, London (East), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- MID-WEIGHT 2D DESIGNER - EVENTS AND BRANDING Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- SEO Executive - Oxford - £30K Salt £30000 per annum + standard benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)