Security firm ADT returns with TV campaign
ADT Fire & Security, the security services company, is releasing a new TV campaign that returns to the traumatising after-effects of being burgled, which featured in the brand's 2012 repositioning campaign.
The 30-second TV spot breaks on Monday 6 January and shows a couple returning to their home. When the pair split off, empty rooms become sinister-looking to the woman, who is clearly still traumatised from a previous break-in.
Throughout the spot, a voiceover states that "the real cost of burglary is not just what they take, it’s what they leave behind".
The Red Brick Road created the campaign, which carries a similar message to the agency’s earlier repositioning campaign for the brand, depicting ADT as an essential utility.
Marcus Smith and Tom Hopkins were the creatives behind the new ad, which Saam Farahmand directed through Rogue. JAA handled the media planning and buying.
The Red Brick Road has worked with ADT since May 2012, when it won the account after a contested pitch.
ADT previously worked with Ware Anthony Rust, which created the "what means most to you in this world" TV ads. Before that, Abbott Mead Vickers handled the brand’s advertising.
Mark Shaw, the residential director at ADT, said: "Following the success of last year’s ad, we’re excited to launch this new campaign, which continues to reaffirm our position as the authority in residential home security."
According to David Miller, The Red Brick Road’s managing director, ADT’s sales appointments increased 26 per cent after the 2012 repositioning campaign.
The spot, which showed people cowering in their houses after being burgled, provoked five complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority for being "offensive" and "distressing". The ASA declined to investigate, however.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Award winning integrated agency seeks Senior Project Manager Zebra People £40000 - £55000 per annum + amazing benefits, East London
- Leading global digital innovation agency seeks Account Manager! Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits, East London
- Head of Brand Premier Consultants c. £55,000 plus benefits, Central London
- Front End Developer JM Digital £325 - £350 per day, Watford
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%