Wilkinson appoints TBWA and MGOMD after contested pitch
Wilkinson, the household goods chain, has appointed TBWA\Manchester to create its 2014 ad campaign and Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle its media planning and buying.
TBWA\Manchester and MGOMD were appointed after a contested pitch run by AAR. The pitch was held ahead of Wilkinson launching its 2014 advertising campaign. The retailer would not comment on how much it spends on media.
A spokesman for Wilkinson said: "We run advertising campaigns every year and they are an integral part of our ongoing marketing effort.
"After considering a number of agencies this year, we were excited by the creative ideas of TBWA and their clear empathy with our business. We look forward very much to working with them in the year ahead."
Wilkinson used True Story (which rebranded from Jupiter Designs last year) for its 2013 advertising campaign, and the agency will continue to handle the shop’s additional marketing. Carat Manchester was the incumbent media agency.
Wilkinson has 370 shops across the UK, with 23,000 employees, and sales of £1.5 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - Leading Gaming & Confectionery Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control