Vodafone reviews £600m global media business
Vodafone is reviewing its estimated £600 million media planning and buying account, currently held by OMD.
Omnicom’s OMD has the global business, but Vodafone also works with local media agencies in some markets. In the UK, the brand spent £47.4 million on media in the 12 months to 30 September 2012.
WPP’s ‘Team Red’ currently holds Vodafone’s creative account. Grey London works on the telecom giant’s global advertising and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R handles the UK account.
Vodafone last retained OMD to its international media planning and buying account in August 2009, when the business was worth £800 million. OMD beat Team Red in the review, which had begun the previous year.
The telecoms company moved its international media planning and buying business from Carat into OMD in September 2005 after five years with Carat.
A spokesman for Vodafone said: "Vodafone has decided to review its existing media planning and buying agency arrangements. The move comes five years after the last global review ,in keeping with good corporate practice, and following the advancements in the media and digital landscape."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Communications & Design Major Players £50000 - £58000 per hour, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - Big Design & Build Projects ADLIB £30000 - £42000 per annum, Bristol
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014