Somethin' Else hires Kerr and Rivers for new content focus
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 January 2014 09:09AM
Ben Kerr and Mark Rivers, the former creative director and deputy creative director at the Omnicom shop Drum, are joining the production company Somethin' Else as it strategically realigns to target the branded content market.
Kerr, who left Drum last year, and Rivers are joining as equity partners, with the former taking on the executive creative director role and the latter becoming the head of content for brands.
Their brief is to create long-term content strategies for advertisers. While Somethin’ Else will continue to work with ad agencies, it will also seek to become the retained content shop for brands.
Kerr and Rivers spent six years at Drum working on brands such as O2, Sony PlayStation, Boots, Sainsbury’s and Cadbury.
Before that, Kerr was the managing director of Sherlock Communications. He has also worked at Walker Media and ids.
Kerr said: "Somethin’ Else is an audience business rather than an advertising business. It’s exciting to be able to offer their alternative experience to brands. Across multiple subjects and platforms, they know how to create content that attracts an audience and sustain it."
Kerr will join on 10 February and become a director of the company alongside Tom Barnicoat, the chairman; Jez Nelson, the chief executive; Steve Ackerman, the managing director; and Paul Bennun, the chief creative officer.
Rivers will join in March and become a member of the senior management team.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director Jarlett de Grouchy £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Great benefits, London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £40000 per annum, Hemel Hempstead
- PR & Analyst Relations Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £70000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch