Somethin' Else hires Kerr and Rivers for new content focus
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 January 2014 09:09AM
Ben Kerr and Mark Rivers, the former creative director and deputy creative director at the Omnicom shop Drum, are joining the production company Somethin' Else as it strategically realigns to target the branded content market.
Kerr, who left Drum last year, and Rivers are joining as equity partners, with the former taking on the executive creative director role and the latter becoming the head of content for brands.
Their brief is to create long-term content strategies for advertisers. While Somethin’ Else will continue to work with ad agencies, it will also seek to become the retained content shop for brands.
Kerr and Rivers spent six years at Drum working on brands such as O2, Sony PlayStation, Boots, Sainsbury’s and Cadbury.
Before that, Kerr was the managing director of Sherlock Communications. He has also worked at Walker Media and ids.
Kerr said: "Somethin’ Else is an audience business rather than an advertising business. It’s exciting to be able to offer their alternative experience to brands. Across multiple subjects and platforms, they know how to create content that attracts an audience and sustain it."
Kerr will join on 10 February and become a director of the company alongside Tom Barnicoat, the chairman; Jez Nelson, the chief executive; Steve Ackerman, the managing director; and Paul Bennun, the chief creative officer.
Rivers will join in March and become a member of the senior management team.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media