Govt seeks agency to handle comms for Great campaign
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 February 2014 06:30AM
The Prime Minister's Office is holding a pitch for an ad agency to work on the Government's Great initiative.
The Great campaign is the umbrella brand for all communications used to promote the UK. Stakeholders include UK Trade & Investment, VisitBritain and the British Council.
The pitch is being run by the Crown Commercial Service. A briefing took place last week and pitches will be held in March.
The winning shop, from the creative services framework, will report to No10 and the Cabinet Office, and work on advertising, partnerships and brand guardianship of the Great initiative.
In August 2013, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R won the advertising business for VisitBritain, which includes creating work under the Great brand but is a separate account.
On Monday, RKCR/Y&R’s first campaign, "the sounds of Great Britain", was released in countries outside of the UK. Activity includes a TV ad and interactive online experiences.
The consultancy Radley Yeldar works on design services for the Great campaign.
No10 confirmed the pitch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show