Campaign Viral Chart: dumb ways to die makes Valentine's comeback
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 February 2014 06:28AM
"Dumb ways to die" returned to the Campaign Viral Chart this week with a Valentine's ad for Metro Trains in Melbourne, after it was shared 160,000 times.
The "dumb ways to Valentine" ad, created by McCann Melbourne, features characters from the original "dumb ways to die" ad, which was revealed to be the most-awarded work across the world in 2013 in last week's Gunn Report.
Valentine's Day-fuelled sharing also proved successful for Schwarzkopf, the haircare brand, which had an ad shared 276,371 times this week.
The ad, created by BBDO Dusseldorf, features a man's voice-over describing everything he loves about his partner before proposing to her using strategically arranged flowers. It was shared more than 276,000 times this week.
Continuing in the chart for a third week, Budweiser's "puppy love" ad by Anomaly remained in the top five most-shared ads, with 41,527 shares this week.
In ninth place, Cadbury's ad featuring TV comedian James Corden was shared 15,833 times this week. The ad, created by Gravity Road, launched on YouTube and stars Corden lip-syncing to an Estelle track.a
1. Schwarzkopf "a declaration of love" by BBDO Dusseldorf
276,371 shares this week | 307,391 shares all-time
2. Melbourne Metro trains "dumb ways to valentine" by McCann Melbourne
160,291 shares this week | 160,291 shares all-time
3. Kraft "go ninja, go" by Crispin Porter & Bogusky
57,882 shares this week | 57,882 shares all-time
4. North Face "the north face: alex honnold - el sendero luminoso" created in-house
50,094 shares this week | 62,330 shares all-time
5. Budweiser "puppy love" by Anomaly
41,527 shares this week | 1,830,720 shares all-time
6. Dr Pepper Agency: Deutsch Inc. "/1 romeo santos (2014)" by
26,133 shares this week | 26,133 shares all-time
7. British Airways "go further to get closer" by Ogilvy
19,640 shares this week | 22,858 shares all-time
8. XXL All Sports United "xXL airport love" by Schjærven Reklamebyrå
19,259 shares this week | 58,123 shares all-time
9. Cadbury "james corden's ultimate lip-sync performance" by Gravity Road
15,833 shares this week | 15,833 shares all-time
10. "mercedes-benz "cat"
15,123 shares this week | 15,123 shares all-time
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive B2B Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Head of Digital Strategy Ball & Hoolahan £90,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Pitch Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Marketing Assistant Finacial Services,London -Temp Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £26000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film