Campaign Viral Chart: dumb ways to die makes Valentine's comeback
"Dumb ways to die" returned to the Campaign Viral Chart this week with a Valentine's ad for Metro Trains in Melbourne, after it was shared 160,000 times.
The "dumb ways to Valentine" ad, created by McCann Melbourne, features characters from the original "dumb ways to die" ad, which was revealed to be the most-awarded work across the world in 2013 in last week's Gunn Report.
Valentine's Day-fuelled sharing also proved successful for Schwarzkopf, the haircare brand, which had an ad shared 276,371 times this week.
The ad, created by BBDO Dusseldorf, features a man's voice-over describing everything he loves about his partner before proposing to her using strategically arranged flowers. It was shared more than 276,000 times this week.
Continuing in the chart for a third week, Budweiser's "puppy love" ad by Anomaly remained in the top five most-shared ads, with 41,527 shares this week.
In ninth place, Cadbury's ad featuring TV comedian James Corden was shared 15,833 times this week. The ad, created by Gravity Road, launched on YouTube and stars Corden lip-syncing to an Estelle track.a
1. Schwarzkopf "a declaration of love" by BBDO Dusseldorf
276,371 shares this week | 307,391 shares all-time
2. Melbourne Metro trains "dumb ways to valentine" by McCann Melbourne
160,291 shares this week | 160,291 shares all-time
3. Kraft "go ninja, go" by Crispin Porter & Bogusky
57,882 shares this week | 57,882 shares all-time
4. North Face "the north face: alex honnold - el sendero luminoso" created in-house
50,094 shares this week | 62,330 shares all-time
5. Budweiser "puppy love" by Anomaly
41,527 shares this week | 1,830,720 shares all-time
6. Dr Pepper Agency: Deutsch Inc. "/1 romeo santos (2014)" by
26,133 shares this week | 26,133 shares all-time
7. British Airways "go further to get closer" by Ogilvy
19,640 shares this week | 22,858 shares all-time
8. XXL All Sports United "xXL airport love" by Schjærven Reklamebyrå
19,259 shares this week | 58,123 shares all-time
9. Cadbury "james corden's ultimate lip-sync performance" by Gravity Road
15,833 shares this week | 15,833 shares all-time
10. "mercedes-benz "cat"
15,123 shares this week | 15,123 shares all-time
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Database Analyst Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, Surrey
- Technical SEO Manager - PHP / HTML / CSS Ultimate Asset £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Assistant Marketing Manager Major Players £30000 - £32000 per annum, Slough
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- Integrated Marketing Agency: Global Fashion Brand / £50-60k Rocket Recruitment £45,000 - 60,000 + benefits , Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office