EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
EE, the mobile operator, has launched a new Gold Spot ad campaign featuring cinematic remakes of popular viral videos, such as Gary Brolsma's 'Numa Numa'.
The ad campaign, which was created by Saatchi & Saatchi London, features the strapline "The internet made more epic by 4GEE". It starts tomorrow (1 March) and will include five ads.
The first ad, "numa", is based on the video of Brolsma dancing to ‘Dragostea Din Tei’ by O-Zone. In the EE version a prisoner in a South Amercian prison called Carl surprises a federal agent when he starts performing Brolsma’s dance.
The copywriters were Paul Silburn and Rob Potts and the art director was Andy Jex. Jeff Labbe directed the ad through Sonny. The ads were filmed in Chile earlier this month.
Spencer McHugh, the director of brand at EE, said: "We know 4G makes the internet better. EE brings this to life in our new Gold Spot campaign by recreating some of the most famous virals of the last decade with a dramatic filmic makeover.
"Each of the original clips captivated a global audience and our aim is to entertain cinema-goers by rekindling their love of these internet hits whilst reminding them that content is better viewed on the go over our superfast network."
Media planning and buying for the campaign was by MEC.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Group Account Director Link Communication £40,000 basic as of 1st Aug 2015 (Flexible, according to experience), Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Director MediaMigo Recruitment imited £50-60k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Upper Midweight Designer Source £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Bid Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Birmingham
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch