British Heart Foundation solicits legacy gifts with emotional campaign
The British Heart Foundation is launching a tear-jerking TV spot in a bid to get more people to leave money to the charity in their wills.
The ad, called "something to think about", launches on Monday 17 March and was created by Arthur London. It shows real families becoming emotional as they look at photographs of loved-ones who died of heart disease.
At the end of a spot, a young girl who was in one of the photographs, turns out not to be dead and returns to her family, as a voiceover says "Every day, research funded by the BHF is helping to save more lives because someone like you remembered us in their will".
The reaction of the families who lost loved ones was captured by showing them memory films of the deceased and then filming their reaction through one-way glass, according to a spokeswoman from Arthur London.
The work was created by Lyndsay McMorrow and Andy Kelleher at Arthur London, and directed by Dean Rogers through Royle Productions.
Andrew Russell, BHF’s head of supporter development, said: "Legacies fund almost half of our research, and we hope that by honestly depicting the devastation that heart disease has on families, we can encourage more people to think about what a gift in their will to the BHF could achieve in the future."
In October 2013, the BHF announced it was reviewing its advertising account with the help of the AAR. The incumbent, Grey London, which helped create the award-winning "Vinnie" spot, has left the pitch. Arthur London and The Good Agency also left the pitch, but continue to work with the BHF on fundraising events and appeals.
DLKW Lowe, Engine, FCB Inferno, and Publicis remain on the pitch, which is expected to complete in April.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs