Stephen Hawking stars in Save the Children Syria ad
Save the Children has launched an ad featuring Professor Stephen Hawking describing real Syrian children's experience of war.
The ad, created by Adam & Eve/DDB, has been created to mark the third anniversary of the beginning of the unrest in Syria. It will be on TV from today until the end of March and launches ahead of the ’10 o’clock News’ on ITV.
Hawking speaks the words of Syrian children in the ad, including "I cry all the time…." and "my house was burnt down, everything was gone…", while their photographs are shown.
The ad ends with a shot of Hawking in his wheelchair and he says: "The children of Syria have no voice, that is why I’m given them mine – what will you give?’
Michael Burke wrote the ad and Ben Tollett art directed it. Matt Hougton directed the spot through Pulse. Media planning and buying was by John Ayling Associates.
Hawking said: "What’s happening in Syria is an abomination, one that the world is watching helplessly from a distance. We must work together to end this war and to protect the children of Syria.
"I am giving my voice to the children of Syria to raise awareness of their suffering and to raise money to provide food, shelter and medicines."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs