WPP to buy majority stake in Cognifide digital consultancy
WPP has agreed to buy a majority stake in Cognifide, a digital technology consultancy with clients such as Skype and Virgin Media.
The digital investment arm of WPP, WPP Digital, and its digital and direct network Wunderman, will take equal stakes in the Cognifide business.
Cognifide’s 200-strong staff helps its clients develop digital frameworks to create, manage and optimise measurable experiences across different platforms from its offices in the UK, Poland and Denmark.
The deal will boost WPP client’s ability to create, manage and deliver content online, while providing Cognifide an opportunity to develop its consulting and technology services.
Mark Read, the chief executive of WPP Digital, said: "Cognifide has unparalleled expertise in realizing the benefits of digital technology platforms in a multi-brand, multi-channel and multi-territory environment, helping to transform its enterprise clients by building their own digital capability.
"As a leading consulting and implementation partner for Adobe and Sitecore, Cognifide is an important strategic addition to WPP."
WPP and Cognifide declined to comment on the terms of the deal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- NPD Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand Manager EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East England