Tassimo coffee maker launches EU-wide campaign
Tassimo, Mondelez's answer to the Nespresso machine, has released a pan-European ad campaign, its largest since launching a decade ago.
Mcgarrybowen created the TV spot, called "be indecisive", which launched in the UK today and will be shown across 17 European markets.
The spot opens on a man getting ready for work and highlights the Tassimo machine’s versatility by showing it pouring a Costa coffee, before flash-switching to a cup of Twinings tea and then a Cadbury’s hot chocolate.
Taking their cue from Tassimo, other things in the man’s life – such as his dog and car - begin changing in an instant, too.
A voiceover makes the point that Tassimo machines, which are manufactured by Bosch, are "here for those who choose not to choose". The soundtrack to the ad is Matthew Wilder’s ‘Break My Stride’.
The TV spot will be supported by print, outdoor and digital executions.
The work is Mcgarrybowen's first for the brand and was created by Holly Fallows and Charlotte Watmough, and directed by Arno Salters through Stink. Carat handled the media planning and buying.
Mcgarrybowen won Tassimo’s European creative account in 2012, after a competitive pitch against three agencies. TBWA had been the incumbent on the account since 2009.
Tassimo occupies a similar place in the market to Nestlé’s Nespresso machine. McCann created the latter’s most recent ad campaigns, which feature the actors George Clooney and Matt Damon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch