Pitch update: BMW advertising account shortlist shapes up
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 March 2014 07:00AM
BMW has shortlisted Inferno, SapientNitro and a team from BMB and Soul to compete against the incumbents, WCRS and Dare, for its UK advertising account. The review is being handled by AAR, with pitches scheduled to take place in May. WCRS’s relationship with the car marque is one of UK advertising’s most enduring, having lasted for 35 years. Uwe Dreher, BMW’s new UK marketing director, is overseeing the review.
BMB is also in the running for the Royal British Legion business, along with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Lida (with support from M&C Saatchi). The pitches were held this week.
On the other side of the English Channel, French agencies have been pitching for EDF’s pan-European creative account earlier this week. The British shops – including the UK incumbent, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO – will have to sit on their hands to find out what the next stage will be.
Having been knocked off the global Vodafone contest last week, there is further disappointment for OMD – the agency has failed to make it through to the next stage of the £300 million media pitch for BGL Group, the owner of Comparethemarket.com. The incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, will compete against MEC.
And, finally, CHI & Partners and Leith have made it through to the final stage of the pitch for the launch of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group’s spin-off brand Williams & Glyn’s. The group is looking to appoint an agency that can handle the brand’s advertising, CRM, digital, media and PR.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Snr. Qualitative Consultant / Brand consultancy / Central LDN / c.£45k Trace £40,000 to £45,000, Central London
- Digital Planning Director Source £70000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Head of Planning Source £60000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment £216 per day, London
- Account/ Research Manager / Market research / West London / c.£45k Trace £40,000 to £45,000 , London (West), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions